Thursday, April 03, 2008

A braver woman than I

I was thinking the other day about what it would be like to shave my head to raise money for a cause. I'm not entirely sure where this idea popped up from, maybe I had a dream about it? Maybe because I'm booked in for my first haircut in ages - I haven't had a trim since last year!
So anyway I was thinking about what that would be like to do it, the initial smoothness, the stubbly prickly regrowth that would soon grow out to a softer fuzz. The reactions from other people and the thought of helping out a cause with donations from sponsors....
But... I was only just thinking about it and wondering. After all I've been trying to grow my hair longer, mainly so I feel more like a belly dancer and can incorporate mor hair flicks and tosses into my dancing. Tossing your head about with short hair does not quite have the same effect!!
So, when I saw that Jules was actually going to do this I got shivers up my spine... and immediately sponsored her... to ease my guilt at being vain enough to want to keep my hair... and because it is such a great cause. Go on now... join the fun!

No comments: